My husband and I chose to head to Fernvale for today's shopping and despite some stallholders packing up due to a light drizzle we still made out pretty well. After a short shopping stroll around the primary school grounds while sipping an amazing (if a little overpriced) Flat White from the coffee van onsite we were $65 poorer but had in our bags:
- Fruit - Nectarines, cherries, kiwifruit and tomatoes (yes, they are a fruit, not a vegetable!)
- Vegetables - Lettuce, capsicum, mushrooms and broccoli
- One bar of Tilley melon and dewberry scented vegetable soap
- A second hand novel "The Cure for Modern Life" which I'm really looking forward to reading
- Home-made Choko Pickle and Tomato Relish made with love from "Di's Delight's"
- and A new Hessian bed and mat for our German Shepherd
The Fernvale markets are on every Sunday at the Fernvale Primary school grounds. Next fortnight I'd like to head somewhere different and see what kind of value we can get for our dollar there. I challenge any readers to get to a markets in the next fortnight too and let me know what you found!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your thoughts!