Sunday, 6 January 2013

5 January 2013 - Put some protein in your pancake

Today I went for another training run for 3km. But unlike the 3km training run I undertook two days ago I returned home with energy to spare and ready to take on the world. Progress!

To celebrate the small fitness increase I decided it was time for a treat. What's my treat of choice when I'm eating clean and training?

A protein pancake. (which combines two of my great loves - healthy eating...and pancakes)

If you have not tried one before I suggest you do. There are heaps of variations possible but I've found a good basic recipe here.

They are awesome fuel for either pre or post workout, or just to have as a nutritious breakfast.

If you're looking for healthy toppings to add then go for fresh fruit, all natural yoghurt, 100% pure maple syrup, organic honey or Agave nectar. YUM

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts!